Tuesday 23 February 2016

I fall down...but I get up again

Another week, another fall...tarmac, flat tarmac, it's evil stuff.....and when there's a nice black icy slick, and you're taking the 'racing line' around a corner, early in the morning...that just adds to the risk factor and thump, down I go again...

On the plus side, I managed to cushion the fall with my 'good' knee this time...and the scab might heal to match the battering my 'bad' knee took last August.....well, I can but hope....

The run was going pretty well until then.  Hey ho!


Thankfully I've managed to keep running on it, I think the damage is all external, and aside from a few bruises and aches from hitting the deck hard, I think the muscles are ok.  Touch wood.

Glen Sherrup on Sunday

Not ideal prep just over a week before the Glentress Marathon which I'm doing this Saturday, but this was only ever in the plan to offer a hard, long training run.  And with 5,000ft of ascent I'm sure it will deliver.

Anyway, that was all, just a wee reminder for myself when I'm old.  Shit happens, you just get back up and get on with it.  Nothing else for it!




No comments:

Post a Comment