Sunday 19 August 2012

Life After the Devil

It's been an unusual couple of weeks following the race that everything had been geared towards this year!  Thankfully I wasn't as 'dead' as I thought I might have been in the days afterwards (sore quads and lower back, meaning some interesting manouvres on the stairs) and having the following week off work to rest made it all the more sweet!

So, the 'rest' week....Clark style....

Was a little like this........(my idea for the holiday)
Lovely Hot Tub at the Aviemore Renta-House!
.
And quite a bit more like this....(Clark's idea!)
Cairngorm Summit

Cairngorm Panorama
But all was good and the recovery was aided by a lovely sports massage in Aviemore (Kirsty Wright) and several opportunities for scoff at Mountain Cafe...which always looks as good as this!


So, back to work this week and on with THE TRAINING PLAN....but wait.....there is no training plan anymore!! Arghhhh! The control freak in me is not happy this week....no idea what to do or when to do it....freestyling!!

At work, we've all been enrolled in the Stay Active Challenge, with a little monitor tracking our movement levels each day to score points, so the competitive spirit in me meant I had to do something, a lot, to get the team score up!  So, easing back into things, gently-ish (or not!)....early morning run, spin, run, gym, spin, spin...and the lure of a big run in the Ochils on Saturday, guided by Bob....and there was the killer....maybe a wee bit too hard, too far, too soon....so I slowed them down quite a bit...but had a good, tough 14.3 mile run none-the-less (Garmin details) and burnt off some of the pre and post Devil troughing I had been doing!  And hence, getting back to the plan is also veering me back to Slimming World eating (since I lost over 3 stone doing that last year!)

The Scary Descent!
Bob and I getting away from PT Boy!

Today I did a stop of supporting - photos and cheer squad for the hardy souls out pounding the Sheriffmuir Challenge....and I was mighty glad not to be running it this year!
Wee County Harriers answer to Usain Bolt (Ian!)

Well, tomorrow will be an official rest day, and by then hopefully PT Boy will have written me a couple of weeks of training plan to stop me freaking out...

Next up on the event agenda:
Ullapool Sportive - best I remember how to pedal the bike soon!
GO33 - looks like a great, and fairly local ultra to end the year!

And more on thoughts for next year soon.....especially since entries for Devil 2013 have just opened!!

Happy training all!




No comments:

Post a Comment