Saturday 1 September 2012

Eating...and Running.....

Another challenging week...more mentally than physically....sometimes people just give you a wee shake up and you need to dig deep to adapt and over-come.....

I've been eating...and thinking about running....and eating (a lot of Doritos).....and reading "Eat & Run" by Scott Jurek.  What a great read, and very motivational when you consider some of the pain barriers over-come.  I finally finished it last night, and realised that, there's more important things to me than worrying about what others think and say, that I know who and what is important to me, but also that I needed a wee boost to get my running back on track as running truly is where you can clear your head of all other thoughts, and just be "in the moment"!



So, today has been a turn-around, and I've got my running mojo back.  One of those "wake up a see what the day brings" decisions, with Clark and I in sync as usual agreeing on a lovely "no pressure" 9 miler starting from Kilmahog, out past the holiday cabins, and back via the foothills of Ben Ledi.   (Garmin stats: Ledi Lowlands)

Me trying not to pull my usual grimace!

My perfect kind of running day: a bit dreich, but fairly mild....and the tracks were quiet (no folk, no dogs, so Cori could run free for most of the route!)

Thinking about friends and acquaintances running the Glenmore 24 / 12 today/tomorrow, wishing them all a safe and happy run, and pondering that it might be one for the diary another year!


No comments:

Post a Comment