Tuesday 1 January 2013

Recaps and Resolutions

Well, that'll be 2012 over then!  There's been good times, there's been some bad times, and although I'm not superstitious, entering 2013 does make you wonder....

The highlights of 2012 for me have to include staying pretty much injury free (touch wood), getting some decent mileages done, and completing my first Scottish Ultra at Devil O' the Highlands....set your mind to it, and anything is possible!  Along the journey, I also ran a PB at the lovely Strathearn Marathon, which I aim to go back and run again this year (and hopefully shave 43 seconds off my time to get in under 4 hours)!  I also had a great run at Cape Wrath Marathon, a race I've been hankering to do for a good few years!
Finishing at Cape Wrath
I entered the infamous marcothon in December...running 3 miles or 25 minutes every day for the month....I did miss 4 days, but boy, that was hard enough to keep up with given how busy the month is, and how crap the weather was!  But, I guess that's the whole point!!  Clark soldiered on and completed with flying colours!  So the picture below has to be for him really!


Analyst by day, I'll be keeping a closer eye on my training stats this year... 2012 got me to 1,180.24 miles running (had I spotted this a little sooner I could've pushed it to 1,200...I don't know why I think that's important!), and (a better, more rounded) 1,801 from all activities!  The more exciting numbers are 155,400 calories (119,000 from running!)...which is a good few pounds of fat (about 45 I think)!!  
1lb of fat!
In 2013 I'll be trying to increase the quality and quantity of those run miles, as well as shifting the extra half-stone that has crept on post-Devil...back at Slimming World to save me getting into my bad habits....and because it's a good laugh every week!  Had a look back recently at some of my 'before' photos from 2010 before I lost the 3 stone 4 lbs, and that was a scary flash back too, as if the motivation of having less weight to carry around on the long runs wasn't enough!!!

So, the grand plan for the events in 2013 then.....

March: D33 to give me some motivation to get out there and get the miles in, followed by a training week later in the month in Nethy Bridge 
April: Hoka Highland Fling to have a stab at the first 'half' of the WHW
May: supporting Clark & Steven at Bealach Beag, followed by some good scoff and a week of sunshine (I can dream!) in Plockton
June: Strathearn Marathon and hopefully some supporting, by way of sports massage at the WHW race
July: hopefully supporting Clark & Bob at the Corrieyairack Challenge
August: Devil O The Highlands
September: Glenmore 24 to challenge myself to see if I can run through the night

So, here's to a happy, healthy 2013 for all, with stress free solid training, great events, good times and much fun!




1 comment:

  1. That's a stalked 2013 for you. Looks great. Although you missed out the Marcothon 2013 ;-)

    ReplyDelete