Sunday 1 December 2013

Reflections

Loch Ard
I thought November had been a fairly 'light' month of training, but I've just checked the trusty Garmin page (you have to allow me some leeway, I am a statistician/analyst to trade!) to find I actually ran over 21 miles more than I did in October (same actual number of runs, just a bit longer on average (I guess that's the Glen Ogle influence), and at a faster average pace!)

And over 10,000 calories burned from the running alone...although somewhat disappointingly, I just googled to find out something relevant about that, and it's only equivalent to 27 glasses of champagne.....how sad!?!?

It's been a strange month - been trying to get a bit of 'routine' back (as I'd lost a wee bit of oomph in the run up to Glen Ogle), which usually means early starts for me to avoid getting bogged down by work later in the day. Training has ranged from 6am frostbite on 'killer hill' with Bob to 5:30am running through Braco Castle estate just me and the dog (worrying about monsters hiding in the woods) and a lot of days thinking it would be cold, when really it hasn't as the skies were blue and the sun shining, but still a chance to rummage through the kit drawer and look out some winter favourites...including the fluro jacket, and also some forgotten gems (like just how many buffs I own!)!  No chance to use the kahtoolas yet unfortunately - bring on the proper winter!! 

I've also been trying to get back in a better eating plan, and thus, back to Slimming World....the lure of a glass of wine by the fire in the winter does my waistline no favours!  And there's been some lovely runs at Aberfoyle with Glee Club and separately with Clark, who, even when injured remains a great supporter of my training, even when I feel guilty for going!

Image from www.marcothon.com
And now it's time for Marcothon again (or Marcothin as I keep typing...which would be no bad thing....I'm still fighting to shift some of the extra pounds I added over the summer!)

It's great to have the motivation to get out on some of the more challenging days in December...and hopefully I'll succeed this year (I missed about 3 days last year!).  

It's amazing how challenging it can seem some days to get out for 25 minutes or 3 miles!




Entries for WHW have closed, and our fate is now in the hands of the selection panel, and most likely a ballot, given there are over 300 entrants for 265 places!  
It's great to be part of the build up this year as a potential participant, rather than my previous position in organising/doing the sports massage! And either way, I'll be there again in 2014, whatever the outcome of the ballot is!  I'm already looking forward to some great days out training in the spring - wishing the days away already - and have signed up to the WHW training weekend in January, and the Fling Weekends in Feb and March....thank heaven Clark is soooo understanding (crawl, crawl....)

Anyway, enough mindless ramble....I'm just waffling, trying to fill time until Glenmore 24 entry opens in 94 minutes......EEEK!!

1 comment: