Saturday 13 June 2015

One Week to Go!


'Twas the week before race day
And all through the night
We wake in a cold sweat
Of excitement and fright.

Our minds are in turmoil
Our muscles seem sore
Time once used for training
Now I'm hoovering the floors.

Four miles feels like forty
The stairs more like Mount Everest
But I know come next weekend
I'll feel the benefit of the rest.

The crew invites were accepted
This year I have four
I hope they enjoy it
And don't find it a bore!

List writing in earnest
I'm nervous as hell
It's making me crabbit
Bless Clark,he's coping well!

I'm ready again 
To run for the dream
And if the weather is sunny
At KLL have ice cream!

I'm full of emotion
Because now it's so real
Having completed it once
It's still not a done deal.

What will happen on race day?
Who knows? Who can tell?
Guaranteed lifetime memories
And (hopefully) a goblet as well!

So this time next week
We'll be well on our way
So it's good luck to all 
And enjoy your epic day!




2 comments:

  1. 'twas last week of training,
    erstwhile known as taper
    you know it won't happen if it's not down on paper

    you've done all your shopping
    at least so you thought
    then you go back out thrice for the things you forgot

    You've mastered this once
    you know what to do
    thanks for advice and good wishes now it's
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda you know, you've done it before
    You'll bring back that goblet straight to your door.

    But this just think, there's no time for tears
    This isn't so scary, so lay down your fears

    ReplyDelete