Wednesday 9 December 2015

Marcothon...Days 4-8...there will be weather


weheartit.com
Day 4
A short excursion for today
I had to do it come what may
No time later on, with things to be done
And I'm still doing the Marco-fun

With Clark at home tucked up in bed
I know he'd rather be running instead
One week post-op it can't be so
But he's still there motivating me to g

Running under crystal skies
Just a slight burning in my thighs


Feeling good, it's just day 4
I know I'm ready for many more!





Photo by Adventure Buddy
Day 5
Day 5 and Desmond came to play
And I had to get to By The Way
With course fee paid I couldn't be late
Wanted to learn how to navigate

A 4 mile trot round Kirsty's loop
Followed by a great plate of soup
Home again through the storm force
Worth it for a very useful course





Photo by Clark Hamilton Photography
Day 6
Time to top up the vitamin D
Sunshine, killer hill, Cori dog and me
Then thru to Frandy we did go
To see the reservoir overflow

Rewarded with a breakfast bun
Doubles the Sunday morning fun
And then it's time for Sunday chores
While Cori dog lies on the sofa and snores










Cori Dog
Day 7
Woken by the simulated sun
I knew that it was time to run
Time to pick a different way
'Battle of Sherrifmuir' was the order of the day.

The climb it is both long and steady
Cori dog was definitely ready
Puffing away I brought up the rear
And although it was pitch dark I had no fear

Until Cori caught the scent of a fox
'Oh no, Cori dog, please don't get lost!'
But lit up like a Christmas tree
For hundreds of meters him flashing brightly I could see!

Only as far as the cattle grate
Work today, so cant be late
Just shy of 5 miles we have done
Another happy tick in the Marcothon!

Day 8
A night of sleep I was not blessed
So this morning put me to the test
Only doing the min-o-thon
To keep me in the Marcothon

Down by the river, slip sliding along
I almost broke into a song
With a final burst thru the ice bath of glee
That's day 8 in the bag for me!

2 comments: