Thursday 3 December 2015

We do run, run, run...

Helen & John Munro..doing what they do best
It's that time of year again....and what little I care for Christmas, other than this photo which always makes me smile.. 
 
One of the best things about December however, is the 'Will I? Won't I?' and excitement about the Marcothon.  And once again I did.....
Link to the Facebook page and more info can be found here:  Marcothon Facebook
 
This year, to add to my challenge, I'm trying to write a wee rhyme each day, so my intention is to blog these too so that I remember when I'm old and stuck on the sofa..  I hasten to add that Keith Ainslie (who is the true poetry master of Marcothon) should be given all credit for his..... I'm just using the concept as a distraction while I'm running.
 
So far...
 
The day before...
 
Can't wait for Tuesday, no sir-ee
Another Marcothon for me
Early alarms and dark night skies
Needing a head torch to help my poor eyes.
 
A couple of months injured
Rehab and much rest
It's time to get out there
Put mind and body to the test!
 
With friends all signed up
And ready to run
One thing guaranteed
This is going to be fun!
 
Day 1....
 
It's day 1 of the Marcothon
3,000+ runners can't all be wrong?
Throughout December, in the daily grind
For 3 miles of running the time we must find.
 
The alarm went off at early o'clock
I can't just turn over or walk round the block.
The dog is poised and ready to run,
Knows when we get back, it's time to fill his tum.
 
The paths they were slippy
My heart missed a beat
It took all my focus
To stay on my feet!
 
Five minutes of trudge
Then endorphins kick in.
And for the rest of the day
Wearing a great big smug grin!
 
Day 2..
 
Day 2 brought with it wind and rain
Better than the ice tho which was such a slippy pain
S 4ish miles I'm soaking wet
But the weather hasn't got the better of me yet!
 
With Ainslie's poems he's off to a winner
I might try and keep it up but I'm just a beginner
Thinking of rhymes takes my mind off the dark
As I go running round Braco Castle park.
 
With calories burned I'm scoffing my food
My run certainly helped to brighten my mood
And with each new day the challenge to run
Hope that by Christmas there'll be a less wobbly tum!
 
Day 3
I saved my run til Thursday night
Out with the club, oh what a fright
My legs are used to a slow pace
But speedwork a must, to improve my base.
 
I spent the day in mindless wonder
Would I survive or would I chunder?
Mark had promised to be kind
But who knew what would be going on in his mind?
 
Driving home the rain was thrashing
Through the puddles we'd be splashing
Turning the dial up to Scotsman
Going to go running, because I can!
 
Arrived and met the hardy bunch
A steady (fast) run with a killer end hill punch!
We lost a couple on the way
But I finished another Marcothon day!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment