Sunday 3 April 2016

End of March catch up

A better mileage for March, and my highest since May 2014...that's an insight in itself... Perhaps I can deduce my running performance is not as good at the moment as I'm not getting enough miles in.  It's that balance between quantity and quality, but that's maybe something for me to explore in more depth another day.  To be fair, mileage is fairly similar to last March, so maybe I protest too much....

March stats:
Running:
179.84 miles (lets call it 180!)
33hrs 41 mins (that's almost a full time job for a week!)
18 runs
Ave distance 10 miles
Longest run 33 miles (D33)
Ascent 4.5k metres (almost 17k feet)
(YTD -45 miles vs last year but marginally more ascent...)

Cycling (woohoo!):
53.5 miles (39 road)
4hrs 38mins

Other:
Rock climbing 3 hours
Strength & conditioning 3 sessions (1hr 40m)
Versaclimber 3k ft (27mins)
Pilates x 2 hours

John and I dreaming of beer on our final
mile (of 27) on the Logging Way
Photo by Helen Munro
Cross-training has fallen back a little, but there have been quite a lot of work things impacting mid-week...and I've favoured the running over gym/pilates when time has been challenged.

We also managed our annual March week in the Cairngorms this month....slightly later than usual, but a fab week with good company, some good running and biking, and plenty of quality time in the Mountain CafĂ© and Cairngorm Hotel!  There just wasn't enough time to do everything...as usual!

Possibly the best house we've stayed at in Aviemore and definitely one for a repeat visit!

Really need to up my focus now...the Fling is only 4 weeks away...and the Great Glen is a big undertaking I shouldn't under-estimate!

Cori at Cairngorm after a 9 mile shuffle

Green Lochan


Burnside House

Speyside Way at Dalfaber


1 comment: